April 20, 2010

once upon a time (the end of all loves)

once upon a time,
two children walked alone
their eyes unopened, hands
unfastened beneath them.

they lived on their own,
more or less
uninhibited
yet sleeping alone.

then one day, a
fateful chance led
to a beginning
when dream became reality.

two children, now
together and
discovering what it means
to love and be loved.

they grew and learned
everything about the
other whom they
clutched tight night after night.

and life continued on
yet two oblivious,
children falling deeper
and heavier for the other.

until, one day
unbeknownst to them
a small crack appeared in the perfect
love they beheld.

this crack spread
and grew 'til
despair overruled two
previously in bliss.

only pure will and
ignorance fed the
continuance that
developed and engrossed.

and sadness reigned,
regret of shortcomings
the two blamed the other,
demanded and construed.

"ending so soon, my love?
I ask of you, change
your ways or face your
days without me"

words spoken by
both as they parted
in their own, sad
separate ways.

and so despair settled in
alone and confused,
yet numb all the more,
sad sad misgivings,

such that all that remains
of two young blissful lovers
is nothing at all, as like
the end of all loves.

reprisal:
I still love you,
yes I do
I still love,
loving you.

until tomorrow,
when I move on,
until the next day,
when you're long gone.

for my love was always true,
never a lie misconstrued.

only me and only you
perfect bliss and all,
all it takes is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment